Amazon offers huge volume of traffic and search queries to the users who search for the products and a valuable shop window and market place for the sellers. Chris Bowser shares the valuable tips for optimizing your sales on Amazon.
15 valuable tips for optimizing your sales on Amazon
- Acquisition – Users search for the products using the categories on the left hand side of the page. So you should make sure that your product details are optimized for search. Amazon uses unlimited keywords from the product id and title.
- Product title-When you give the title of the product, it is advisable to use spaces instead of special characters, asterisks and punctuations. As a merchant you, need to vary the product titles as the customers don’t use the same keywords.
- Search terms – Avoid using the words that appear in the product title. This optimizes the additional search terms. Also avoid repeating the product title and the brand.
- Search index – Though, Amazon’s search index takes price, availability and sales history into consideration, the best selling products rise to the top most of the times. So you need to ensure that your products are one of them.
- Browse nodes – are the product codes which identifies your products within the product categories. It is all about giving your product information to Amazon to increase the visibility in the marketplace.
- Filtered navigation – This enables the merchants and the sellers to add detailed product criteria such as size and color. When the users use this navigation, your product should be visible.
- Product variation – This tool allows the sellers to group the product variations according to size, color and brand.
- Product page – Amazon’s marketplace includes many links, but have only one seller information that appears in the product page. If you want to change the images of the products, you can contact the seller support to do so.
- Product description – Every customer has their criteria to buy the product. So you need to give more description having relevant information that matches their requirements. Ideally, the description should not be more than 200 words.
- Comparative pricing – You need to convince the customers how much you are saving when they go for your product. Amazon allows the sellers and merchant to use two types of comparative prices. They are WAS price and sales price. The WAS price is considered as an RRP. The sellers can cut at the lower cost. However, the merchants need to know the criteria about valid RRP and the ASA should not be misleading the customers.
- Product Images – Images are important for the customers to know how your product looks. The image size having 500 x 500 pixels with white background is ideal. It should not have watermarks, borders, URL, animations, seller logos or any other text.
- Buy box – is an important tool for the merchants that sits in the right top of the page with the cheapest price.
- Secret shopper – As a merchant, you need to take a step back from the process of selling products and evaluate your own storefronts and listings by browsing them. This is for reviewing your products from time to time to assess how easy it is for the users to search your products.
- Monitor performance – You need to assess the performance daily for which you need to keep the track about how many sales you’ve made. In case if the customer gets a defective piece, you need to take appropriate action.
- As Amazon takes care of shipping and logistics through its fulfillment (FBA), you need to consider adding 5 to 10% of their products through FBA.
Many people improvise on their online store to optimize their SEO. You need to assess them from time to time.