Which is better for your Amazon business, a sell professionally plan or an individual selling plan? Well, an individual seller account is meant for those who sell a small number of items or it is for small scale traders. Individual selling comes with a price limit of 10,000 dollars for each listing and does not have a monthly payment system. Instead, it goes by the payment as and when you sell process and does not enable you to create more than one product listing. Professional selling account, on the other hand is meant for those sellers who sell voluminously and it carries a monthly subscription fee of $39.99. Chris Bowser in this article discusses the benefits and the minuses of a professional as well as an individual seller account on Amazon. So, read this Chris Bowser Amazon workshop to get enlightened on this topic.
Benefits and downsides of the individual selling account
The individual selling account offers more flexibility as it is best for testing and you can test selling on Amazon. You can get to know about the Amazon marketplace and devise various strategies and tactics for selling on Amazon. You don’t pay much as the fee is just $.99 per item. You can also sell items on many listings that are already active on the Amazon website. These are some of the benefits. Coming to the downsides of individual selling account, you cannot create multiple product listings and are limited to creating just one. You cannot sell in the restricted or the special permission categories and have to pay per each item or the category special referral fee. You don’t have eligibility for the buybox or access to special selling management tools.
Professional selling account
Professional selling may be a little complicated to use for starters and it will not suit for small sellers and this is probably the only minus that comes to the mind.
Now coming to the potential bonuses, there are many
- You can win the Buybox only if you are a professional seller
- You can create multiple product listings and being professional can keep you motivated
- You can sell in the restricted or the special permission classification
- Fees waiver: Professional sellers pay a monthly subscription payment of $39.99, closing fees and the commission but they don’t have to pay $0.99 per item sold. Of course, there is a monthly subscription fees but this is for boundless number of items per month! So, considering all these, it might work out to be comparatively lesser when you are a voluminous seller.
- You have access to a wide variety of tools: You can access many tools to stay updated and thus competitive in the areas of orders, inventory and active listings.
There are many more bonuses when it comes to professional selling on Amazon.
So from the analysis in this Chris Bowser Amazon workshop, the disadvantages for an individual selling plan far outweigh the advantages and it is vice versa for the professional selling plan. So, if you are a small and novice seller, go in for an individual account and if you are a voluminous and experienced seller, choose professional selling. Not just this, it also depends on your financial situation.